Wednesday 8 November 2017

Good talk!

Bella and I had a conversation! I know that's massive right?

Let me set the scene, she walked into the living room with a Frozen Anna doll and looked straight at me. She has been doing that a lot more recently, I think she's realised that if she looks you in the eye that she melts everyone's hearts and more often than not gets her own way. So she looks straight at me and says, "Pink dolly? Please Mummy."

Well I have no idea where this doll is but I have to look as she's asked for it. I find a pink baby and dash into the living room, our roles reversed. I look at her, she's already drifted back into her iPad.

"Bella." She doesn't react so I leave a beat and repeat, "Bella?" She looks up. I hold the baby up hopefully. "Is this pink dolly?"

"No."

She looks back at her iPad and that is it, our first real chat. Questions were asked, answered and a moment I never thought would happen took place.

I know to most families this "conversation" with a 7 year old seems pretty slim but to us it is the whole world.



No comments:

Post a Comment